Training Ships Cumberland and Empress
Cumberland 1869 – 1889
Empress 1889 – 1923
The Cumberland and later the Empress were IndustrialTrainingShips run by the Clyde Training Ship Association.
The first ship was originally launched on the 21 October 1842 as a 70-gun third-rate and served until 1863. After leaving service she was lent to the Clyde Training Ship Association, however she was burnt down on 1889. After the burning of the first ship the Association acquired a second ship, the Revenge, which was renamed Empress and used until 1923.